When it comes to improving our smiles, teeth whitening deals near Hammond IN, are one of the most popular options. The whiter the teeth, the wider the smile! You should opt for professional teeth whitening treatments that are typically more effective than over-the-counter products but also a little costly – as per Forbes.
In this blog, we’ll discuss how to choose the right teeth whitening treatment. More importantly, how you can maintain your teeth after the treatment.
How To Make The Right Choice For You
Understand What You Need
The first step in choosing the right teeth whitening treatment for you is to understand your whitening goals. Are you hoping to just brighten your smile a few shades or do you want a dramatic transformation? It ensures that you get the results you’re looking for.
Assess Your Teeth
Before you commit to any whitening treatment, it’s important to assess your teeth. If you have existing tooth decay, gum disease, or any other kind of dental issue – it’s best to address those issues before going. In addition, it’s important to note that some whitening treatments are not suitable for those with tooth sensitivity or certain types of dental restorations.
Choose the Right Treatment
Once you understand your whitening goals and assess your teeth, it’s time to choose the right treatment. Most whitening treatments fall into two categories: in-office treatments and take-home kits. In-office treatments are typically more expensive but they offer more dramatic and immediate results. Take-home kits are more affordable and can be used to touch up your smile in between professional treatments.
Talk to Your Dentist
The best way to choose the right professional whitening treatment is to talk to your dentist. They can assess your teeth and determine which treatment is most suitable for you. Additionally, they give you advice on how to care for your teeth after the treatment, helping you maintain your results.
How Does Professional Teeth Whitening Work?
- Professional whitening treatment is a cosmetic dental procedure that uses bleaching agents to lighten the color of teeth.
- The bleaching agent is usually hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide, both of which are used to oxidize the stains on teeth. It breaks them down and makes them less visible.
- You can do it at home or in the dentist’s office as your comfort.
- In-office whitening is done by applying a stronger concentration of the bleaching agent to the teeth.
- They apply a protective barrier around the gums to ensure that the bleaching agent doesn’t come in contact with the gum.
- After applying a bleaching agent, a special light is used to activate the whitening solution and make it more effective.
- The whitening process takes about 30 minutes and the results can last for several months.
- Whitening treatment is a safe and effective way to get a brighter, whiter smile.
Ways to Maintain Your Teeth After a Professional Teeth Whitening Treatment
Teeth whitening is a popular cosmetic dental treatment that helps to remove stains and discoloration from the teeth. After the treatment, nobody would want to go back to where they started. Right? So, it’s necessary to take care of the teeth afterward as well. Since teeth whitening effects won’t stay if the proper steps are not taken to ensure the longevity of the results. Fortunately, several simple steps can be taken to help maintain the results of whitening treatment.
Regular Brushing and Flossing
The best way to maintain a beautiful, white smile is to practice good oral hygiene habits. Brushing your teeth twice a day with whitening toothpaste helps to remove surface stains and keep your teeth looking whitest. Additionally, flossing once a day can help to remove food particles and plaque that can cause discoloration.
Avoid Certain Foods and Beverages
Certain foods and beverages can cause staining and discoloration of the teeth. You should avoid certain foods and beverages with dark pigments, such as coffee, tea, red wine, and certain fruits and vegetables. It helps maintain the results of teeth whitening deals near Hammond IN.
Smoking is one of the most common causes of staining and discoloration of the teeth. Quitting smoking is one of the best ways to ensure that your teeth stay white and bright.
Avoid Teeth Grinding
Teeth grinding and clenching can cause wear and tear on the teeth, resulting in discoloration. Wearing a mouthguard while sleeping can help to protect the teeth from damage and keep them looking their whitest.
Use a Whitening Mouthwash
- Using a whitening mouthwash regularly can help to keep your teeth looking their whitest. Whitening mouthwashes contain special whitening ingredients that help to remove surface stains and keep the teeth looking their best.
- Choosing the right professional teeth whitening treatment can be a daunting task. However, with the right information and guidance, you can find the treatment that best suits your needs. The right treatment can help you achieve the smile of your dreams. While maintaining the results is another essential thing.
But following the steps can help to ensure that your teeth stay white and bright for many years to come. Additionally, it is important to visit your dentist for regular check-ups and cleanings to maintain the results of your whitening treatment.